The Pottery Starter Kit

Stay Safe - Clay & Paint

  • Keep away from Children under 3.

  • Do not eat.

  • Avoid contact with eyes.

  • If you have a history of skin irritation, use latex gloves whilst working with the clay or use a barrier cream before use and moisturise hands well afterwards.

  • Premixed clay prevents exposure to large quantities of clay dust, but please avoid inhaling any clay dust.

Is the clay food safe? e.g. for making plates to eat off?

The clay is not certified as food safe so we recommend using your plates or bowls as decorative items only.

Is it safe for children or pregnant women?

The paints and clay are non toxic and safe for pregnant women but don't be tempted to eat any clay and always avoid inhaling any clay dust.

Our paint and clay is suitable for children over 3 years but requires careful supervision from an adult at all times, and please be extra careful when using the tools.

Is the clay safe for pets?

As the clay is non-toxic, it is generally safe for exposure to pets and is not poisonous to them. It can even be used to make paw moulds for your furry friends! However it is not to be ingested, as it can cause digestive problems.

If your pet does accidentally eat the clay or paint, we would strongly recommend phoning your local vet and asking them for advice.

What is clay made of?

Clay is a natural product sourced from the UK. Clay contains naturally occurring bacteria from the soil and if the clay was left in the plastic bag in very warm conditions green mould can form. It is totally harmless and some professional potters like a bit of mould, it improves the clay they say.

Did this answer your question?